✅ Things to Do on Memorial Day 2018 – Memorial Day is one federal holiday in the United States which is celebrated on the last Monday of May commemorating men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. A day on which men & women who died on active service are been remembered.
Since it is celebrated in the memory of soldiers there was a lot of things going to happen on this day in the United States of America. Peoples pay their visit cemeteries and memorials on Memorial Day. Cities and towns across the United States host Memorial Day parades every year, military personnel and members of veterans’ organizations participate in it. Some of largest parades will be going to take place in, New York Chicago and Washington, D.C.
For decades, Memorial Day uses to be celebrated on May 30, the date Logan had selected for the first Decoration Day. But in 1968 congers passed the bill which says all 3rd Monday of every June will be celebrated to make a 3 days week off for all employees; which was brought into effort since 1971. The same was a law also declared Memorial Day a federal holiday.
Also See: Memorial Day Poems
Things to Do on Memorial Day 2018
One of the events celebrated in the United States in the memory of soldiers who served their country. Cities and towns across the United States host Memorial Day parades every year, military personnel and members of veterans’ organizations participate in it.
- Attend the Parades: Since parades are open for public and there is no cost attached to it so anyone willing to see the parades are most welcome over there.
- Donate: One can donate to the heroes if they are willing to do with the help of online portal.
- Participate: One should utilize this chance to pay tribute to people who served so we can live safely, people who died fighting. Although there were lots of events takes place across all cities where you should participate in events like concert, events, beach parties, outdoor movies, Memorial Day Sunset Ceremony and much more.
Also See: Memorial Day Nails Designs
Things to Do on Memorial Weekend
- Plan your Things to Do on Memorial Day Weekend in California, New York NYC, Chicago & other United States Cities.
- Enjoy the unofficial start of summer: Since it also seems to be the unofficial start of the summer one can go out to enjoy the summer offerings rather than sitting in four wall rooms.
- Outdoor movies: This one of a best public offering known as outdoor movies where the movies are been played on the big screen which is open for all so grab your popcorn and chilled drinks and enjoy.
- Festivals: It is also one of open public event stating the culture and trend of the United States which are open for public gathering and free of cost.
- Beach season: The perfect way to spend a three-day vacation is to go on the beach with the chilled drinks and swimsuits as there will be ample crowd on the beach which will make your day.
- Concert: There were lots of concerts were held with the number of celebrates involved in it may be musical or art & and culture concert but it will be going to be one of best things to visit on holidays.
- Memorial Day Sunset Ceremony: It is an event to pay Honor to those who have lost their lives fighting for the country at this ceremony with music, a keynote speaker and a wreath presentation at Largo Central Park. This free event starts at 7 p.m.